Tubare and his mother Hawa Kolah Ashesi University College has awarded a scholarship worth $50,000 to Tubare Kolah to undertake a four-year engineering programme at the university. The scholarship covers his full tuition and any other amenities needed to successfully undertake the degree programme. On Monday, Joy News broke the touching story of 20-year […]
The West African Examination’s Council WAEC has released the withheld result of Senior Schools Certificate Examination of 185 schools. This follows the conclusion of investigations into cases of examination malpractices after the examination. The Head of Public Affairs at WAEC, Agnes Teye-Cudjoe said the results of candidates have been dispatched to the schools and they […]
Ghana’s President, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, has assured that, his government will partner and support public universities in the country with the aim of raising and improving their standards, so they can compete with the best on the continent. According to President Akufo-Addo, “Ghanaian Universities should be ranked amongst the top 10 on the continent. […]
The Education Minister says young actor Abraham Attah is not receiving any money for his role as Ambassador for government’s flagship program, free Senior High School, (SHS). Dr. Mathew Opoku Prempeh revealed the ‘Beast Of No Nation’ star is only discharging a voluntary service to the government and people of the country. “Abraham Attah wasn’t […]
President Nana Akufo-Addo on Saturday said his government would pay special attention to the professional development of teachers as the nation marches heads towards development. He said teachers were the key change agents needed for the acceleration of the transformative change programmes of his government, thus his administration would ensure that the Ghanaian teachers become […]
A group, known as the Unemployed Graduate Teachers’ Association has given the government a two-week ultimatum to recruit its members or have them embark on series of demonstrations. According to the group, all efforts to draw government’s attention to their situation and pursue it to post them to schools to teach have proven futile. The […]
The registration process for this year’s national service personnel turned chaotic when some military personnel moved in to maintain order. The presence of the military was necessitated by a long disorganized queue of prospective personnel. Related stories NSS posts over 91,000 service personnel for 2017/2018 Don’t engage ‘goro boys’ for postings – NSS personnel warned […]
The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has released provisional results of candidates who took the 2017 West African Senior School Certificate Examination for School Candidates (WASSCE). The Council says it will soon dispatch the results to the schools and candidates are advised to contact their heads of school for their results, a statement signed and […]
You can check for where you will be doing your national service by sending your NSS alphanumeric code via SMS text on your phone to a short code to be announced by NSS, and details of your posting will show up on your phone screen immediately Appointment Letter. Once you know where you are posted […]
Another national service year will commence on the 1st of September. All is set for over 70000 service personnel to be posted to the various public and private organizations to serve the nation. One major impediment to the smooth registration by service personnel is knowing exactly when to register, where to register, the registration procedures […]
Details On Education
The Youth Agenda TV series will be discussing a number of interesting topics and subjects in education:
• By education we want to look at how our present educational system can become globally competitive and more importantly, effective enough to translate into a problem solving tool for young people and the country in a practical way.
• We will be examining our present education system and would hear from young people (i.e. student leaders etc) about what possible changes need to be made to better the system in order to make it more effective to produce the results required for the growth of the country.
• We would also want to understand to what extent the present education system at the tertiary level is able to meet the demands of the job market/corporate environment. Some have argued that, the disconnect between our education system and the job market is what fully explains why graduate unemployment is on the rise. Others add that our education is too theoretical, less practical and out of touch with the corporate global market today. The platforms brings these matters together to better understand what the real challenges are with regards to our education system today.
• Again we would be examining and bringing to the fore the issue of choice of courses from the junior high to the tertiary level and whether these choice of courses have any bearing or relationship with future career goals. Our research has shown that most students especially those at the junior high and senior level struggle to connect their career goals to the subjects they are reading and therefore brings to light the problem of lack of academic/career counselors and counseling units in our public schools that who be responsible for helping students pick the right course programs that sit well with their future career goals. Through this program we would enable students learn what right courses to pursue that would make choosing their career paths a little easier and less confusing.
• The program will also be providing overseas scholarship application information to viewers who have the desire to study abroad.